Continental's Gatorskin is a super long-wearing and reliable tire that's fast and great handling, too. It features a supple 180-thread-per-inch casing, a bead-to-bead layer of DuraSkin, and a Kevlar-reinforced top layer. The result is a lightweight tire that rolls and corners with the best of them while providing flat protection and durability second to none.
Thanks to its DuraSkin anti-tear fabric, the Grand Prix 4-Season holds up under extreme conditions. In the Paris – Roubaix race, the “Hell of the North”, cyclists equipped with DuraSkin enhanced tires have the fewest tire-related problems during the race. Incorporating Continental's special wear resistant carbon compound, the tire is characterized by very good mileage performance as well as excellent adhesion on wet roads and at low temperatures. With the 23mm, 25mm, 28mm, and 32mm versions, the Grand Prix 4-Season makes it possible to select the right tire for various road qualities and comfort requirements. A double Vectran Breaker belt under the tread raises the puncture and cut protection to the highest level available on the market.
The Grand Prix 5000 is the best all-rounder in the field, brought to a whole new performance level. Ride faster, more comfortably, and with increased puncture protection. Its Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smooths your ride. Lazer Grip technology, designed to make you one with the road, features a lasered micro profile structure that expands over the tire’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering. The Vectran Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than comparable nylon. With incredible tear resistance at a very low weight, it possesses exactly the right properties to be a premium puncture protection insert, while not adversely affecting rolling resistance. The Grand Prix 5000 Tubeless—made to make you better.
With Continental's unique and legendary BlackChili tread compound, produced only in Germany, they have revolutionized the sport of cycling. This compound answers the eternal question of the best balance of grip and rolling resistance for cycling. Regular test wins confirm the measurable and noticeable advantages for cyclists, established in both the lab and on the road. The latest polymers, as well as specially developed carbon black particles and filler materials, guarantee ultimate performance.
The Grand Prix 5000 S Tubeless Ready allrounder tires are lighter, faster and supported with stronger sidewalls, compared to previous GP5000 versions. Designed to be compatible with hooked and hookless rims, this new standard in road tubeless ready technology will allow you to ride faster, more comfortable and with increased puncture protection.
- Hookless rim compatible up to 73 PSI / 5 bars
- The tubeless ready (TR) carcass construction is robust and impervious against damage and penetration from foreign objects. The result: versatile, low weight and an attractive design. In addition, tires made using this technology can also be used as Tubeless or with an inner tube
- Vectran Breaker is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fiber with an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tire as a puncture protection insert
- Active Comfort Technology absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride
- Lazer Grip, to make you one with the road. The lazered micro profile structure expands over the tire’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering
- BlackChili Compound provides the best balance of grip and rolling resistance for cycling
For finding your way off-road. For more comfort. For the adventure. Be it the long tour or the shortcut on your way home, the Terra gravel series by Continental gets you there over rough and smooth. Choose another road, choose Terra.
- A user-optimized tubeless system is specifically designed for road cycling demands. Easy to install and reliable in use.
- ProTection technology gives our tires the perfect mix of fast rolling, grip, and puncture protection. Four plies under the tread and three in the sidewalls result in greater resilience and less vulnerability to damage.
- A specifically developed tubeless bead seals through its unique shape and provides a stable fit on the rim.
Completely renewed, sporting a dynamic tread pattern design.
Matches with a race bike, as well as a classic city road bike.
Available in a wide range of dimensions and colors.
Based on activated silica compounds, this technology was originally intended as an performance level compound, but after intensive development at our Korbach Research and Development Department Facility, an advanced new compound with outstanding grip and cross-country properties was developed. This new rubber mix, given the self explanatory name "PureGrip", is ranked just behind our BlackChili Compound and is being used in our performance products both in the road and mountain bike sectors. Whilst providing great grip, it is also long lasting and highly durable – both characteristics of Continental tires, which are exclusively manufactured in the factory in Hefei (Asia).
Suitable for E-Bikes
For our E-Bike tyre we fall back on over 100 years' experience with moped and motorcycle tires. All of our city/trekking tires are rated to a standard speed of at least 25 km/h. Those tires marked e50 are also certified for S-Pedelecs. With their high quality structure, puncture protection is high and the rolling resistance is low offering protection from premature wear brought about by the additional driving force.