Your little tike might love to ride, but given that they're still growing like a weed, the big-kid-trail-shredder bike can probably wait a few years. That's why Specialized made their Hotrock 20 with plenty of gear range to tackle the neighborhood hills, and enough front end travel to ride beginner's trails confidently. Of course, it also features a lightweight, yet durable, 20-inch A1 Premium Aluminum frame that's designed to take a hit while they find their legs on the pump track. Chatter and bumps, meanwhile, are handled by the coil-sprung SR Suntour fork's 50mm of travel. Then there are a whole host of other components that are plenty tough enough to stand up to your little ripper, so you can rest assured that you'll be spending more time riding with your kid and less time waiting in line at the repair counter.
- Tough, light, and durable, the A1 Premium Aluminum frame is built to stand up to years of tough riding.
- SR Suntour suspension fork offers 50mm of coil-sprung travel that smooths out bumpy, rough terrain.
- The 7-speed Shimano Tourney shifts smoothly and is tough enough for abuse.
Kids move fast, and grow faster. At times, it can seem like there's a small window for the perfect bike fit. The right bike for a young rider is a delicate balance between too small, too big, and a short-lived just right. If we're going to inspire the next generation of riders, we need to keep kids comfortably riding longer.
The Jett is designed so that you'll never fear the growth spurts. We did our homework to understand how kids grow—spoiler alert, kids' arms and legs grow more rapidly than their torso. We took to the books and designed a bike with child-specific touch points that withstand the development of young riders. The Jett is uniquely adjustable, perfectly proportional, and child-liftable-you'll always be set to Jett.
The Jett Single Speed features an adjustable handlebar that allows kids to fine tune reach as their arms grow. The narrower saddle and grips were informed by a Retul study on kids to be the appropriately size—with handbrakes on both the 16" and 20". And what's more, we designed the frame and reviewed every component to make the Jett one of the lightest bikes on the market. You're going to have to beg them to get off this bike.
- We designed the Jett Single Speed to be uniquely adjustable with longer seatposts and adjustable handlebars so kids can dial-in the perfect riding position as they grow.
- Every detail of the Jett Single Speed—including the 130mm Bridge saddle, narrower-diameter grips, and short-reach, tool-less adjustable brake levers—was informed by Retul data from a kids' research group to be perfectly proportional for young riders.
- A lightweight bike is simply more fun and the Jett Single Speed's all-new A1 aluminum frame, alloy fork, Pathfinder tires, and single-speed drivetrain make it one of the lightest kids' bikes on the market.
Traction, control, confidence, and fun—the Riprock 20 Coaster is the perfect bike for your kid to start hitting the trails with. And with the simple coaster brake design, safety and fun aren't mutually exclusive anymore.
- The A1 premium aluminum frame is lightweight and built to withstand the tough use by kids, while the geometry features an ultra-low standover that makes it easy for your little ones to fit on and grow with the bike.
- Steel coaster brake is a reliable, easy to use brake perfect for safe stops and awesome skids.
- 20x2.3" Rhythm Lite tires deliver tons of traction, comfort, stability, and fun over all types of terrain.